Monday, March 13, 2006

Iraq Prison Business

Unlike Vigo County, it is easy for Americans to get jobs in Iraq. The prison business is booming. (As are many things in Iraq these days.)

According to an article in Countercurrents, the number of prisoners has gone from 16,000 to possibly "hundreds of thousands" in the last year. U.S. watch torture on prisoners of which probably 90% are innocent. Even if it is due to the other 10%, we still have to feed and house 100%. If the choice is genocide or leave, I would chose leave. But the choice is left to Hitler, er I mean Herr Bush. I certainly hope we don't keep feeding and housing these folks indefinitely. Even Commie Clinton set a 5 year limit on American welfare.

4 comments:

OLD YELLER said...

The prison industry is pretty healthy in the US. Here in Indiana and the Wabash Valley they seem to be one of the better employers.

Anonymous said...

You are correct. I have yet to investigate this, but low life expectancy may have something to do with our high lockup rate. It may also be poor people dying too early. Either way I am not satisfied with healthcare in the good ol' U.S.A.

OLD YELLER said...

Many are obsessed with Bush hating, his war, that would not be a war without congress funding it, and everything under the sun has people crying torture.

I would worry more about the full scale invasion going on right here, not one the other side of the world.

IRAQ: Bush's diversion For Mexicanization
http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=33208

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I learned I can cut and paste to the address above. So I went to the site and enjoyed the words. I liked the tin-horned dictator comment. Since I always compare Bush to Adams we can use what we used back then, "mock monarch." It seemed the writers did not like the praise of Bush for the war in Iraq while complaining about him on immigration. You are correct though, Bush may have misdirected Congress, but that is no reason for them to relinquish power. (Unless of course the FBI threatened them.)